At The Hire Firm, we recognize the importance of Administrative Assistants in all types of firms. Without the support of a qualified office administration team, the rest of the company cannot do the work necessary to bring in new business, support that business, and keep clients happy. The people who fill your administration jobs are vital to your company’s success, and therefore, it is important to ask the right questions when interviewing potential candidates for administrative assistant positions.
- “Why do you want to work here?” Look beyond the duties to the “why” of the candidate’s application. It goes without saying that the successful candidate will have the necessary administrative skills to perform the duties required of them as part of your office staff, but this should not be your only criteria. Ask any potential candidate why they want to be part of your company; is there something unique about your firm that made it appealing? The more specific the answer, the more you can be sure that the candidate has done enough research to feel that he or she would enjoy working there.
- “Why should we choose you over someone equally qualified?” Look for a candidate who knows why they are the best choice. Do they excel at organization? Do they have a passion for being an Administrative Assistant? Do they see themselves as an important part of a dynamic team?
- “How would you handle a difficult or irate client?” Since the Administrative Assistant is often the face of the company and responsible for a client’s first impression of your firm, it’s important that they have the people skills to successfully manage a difficult client without damaging the company/client relationship.
- “What type of supervisor brings out the best in you?” People have different personalities and temperaments, and it is important for the Administrative Assistant to work well with his or her immediate supervisor. The successful candidate should be able to clearly state the type of supervisor who brings out his or her best performance.
- “How do you prioritize projects when you are juggling multiple tasks with similar deadlines?” Since Administrative Assistants often work for more than one individual, this is a good way to discover how the candidate would handle more than one project or administration job at a time.
If you are a firm seeking an Administrative Assistant, or an office administrator looking for a new position, The Hire Firm can be the strategic partner you need to help you find the best fit. With locations in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, The Hire Firm is here to support both qualified candidates searching for the right opportunity, and organizations looking to fill Administrative Assistant jobs in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, NM. We offer temporary staffing, temp-to-hire, direct hire, and executive search services. Contact us today and let us handle all the important details you don’t have time for when it comes to getting the right people in the right positions to keep your company running at peak efficiency.